It is common knowledge that I am serious about sandwiches. I am sandwich loving lady. It is with much excitement in my belly then that I announce a forthcoming competition, which aims to discover the very best sandwich to be found in London town.
I will be teaming up with legendary Wandsworth pub, The Ship, and together we’re throwing down the gauntlet to the capital’s pubs, restaurants, cafes and street food stalls, inviting them to submit their best work, the pinnacle of their sandwich-making careers, their bready magnum opi.
The competition will take place on Tuesday 23rd October and will be open to, well, not just anyone actually. See the rules for entry below:
1. The sandwich must be on the current menu of a pub, restaurant, cafe or street food stall in London.
2. The sandwich should be entered exactly as it appears on the menu.
3. Only ‘traditional’ sandwiches will be accepted. That means no burgers, no wraps, no open sandwiches, no stretching the concept. It’s filling between two slices of bread or a roll (we have to limit entries somehow).
4. A maximum of 18 different sandwiches will be selected to take part because, well, that’s a manageable number for a Tuesday evening.
5. Entrants must submit one sandwich to the judges, but 10 additional, identical sandwiches will be required on the night.
5. The final 18 will be judged on the evening according to the following criteria: appearance, taste and price.
6. Entries should be sent to [email@example.com] Please describe the bread and filling of your sandwich and state the price. Photo = optional.
Them’s the rules! The sandwiches will be judged by a panel of sandwich fanatics including me, Jonathan Brown of the marvellous Sandwichist and a celebrity judge to be confirmed nearer the time.
It’s going to be an amazing evening; there will be drinks, there will be laughs and there will be some of the best damn sandwiches in London on the table. It’s an open invite so come on down and chow on down as we bestow the title of London’s Best Sandwich upon one deserving creation. Let the battle commence!
Category: Competitions, Cooking Competitions, Sandwiches | Tags: Best sandwich in London, London's Best Sandwich, London's Best Sandwich Competition, Oisin Rogers, The Ship, The Ship Pub, The Ship Pub London, The Ship Wandsworth 15 comments »